Adventure Center | Sledding & Snow play
Update 11/14/2021: The Adventure Center is currently closed. Please condtinue to check back for information on the opening date for the 2021/22 season.
Enjoy the winter season with the whole family by visiting our Snow Play and Sledding hill. Race down the snow-covered hill with one of the oldest family winter traditions.
- All sledders must face-forward on sleds with feet pointed downhill
- Standing on sleds is not permitted
- All sledders must wait their turn and sled down the hill one at a time
- Hiking uphill will not be allowed, all sledders must use the Magic Carpet
- Sledding is only permitted in designated snow play and sledding area
- Face coverings must be worn at all times when sledding and within the snow play area
Have you ever been sledding at the Homewood Adventure Center? If the answer is no, we bet you have some questions before you coast down the hill! This page will help to answer some of the most frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions please email us at email@example.com.
- Where is the Adventure Center located?
- Snow play and sledding is located at our South Base: Tahoe Ski Bowl Way, Homewood CA, 96141.
- Who Needs a Snow Play ticket?
- Everyone who enters the Snow Play area must purchase a lift ticket.
- How early should I arrive for my snow play session?
- We recommend arriving at least a half-hour prior to your session start time. Your pre-purchased online tickets can be picked up outside the Adventure Center at our pick up boxes for a touchless experience.
- Can I bring my own sled?
- Yes, only if it is plastic or foam composite and doesn’t have any metal located anywhere on the sled. If you do not have your own sled, not to worry! We also have sleds available to rent online.
- What should I wear for snow play/sledding
- Be sure to dress in warm layers. Snow pants & jacket, boots, gloves, a hat, scarf, good socks, a base layer, and mid-layer (non-cotton) are recommended. Wear a jacket with an upper pocket or arm sleeve to store your ticket. No ski boots are permitted in the sledding area. Consider wearing sunglasses or goggles if you are concerned about cold wind in your eyes.
- What’s included in my snow play/sledding ticket?
- Tickets include the use of our magic carpet and snow play area for two hours. Sleds are not included and can be rented for an additional fee. Please come dressed for the elements or visit Homewood Mountain Sports!