When visiting North Lake Tahoe
Before embarking on adventures to North Lake Tahoe, check out information relating to visitation during the COVID-19 pandemic and how to travel to the region safely and responsibly. You’ll find a detailed Know Before You Go Informational Guide including California and Nevada resource links, frequently asked questions, COVID-19 friendly activity suggestions and more.
Homewood Safety Measures
The health and safety of our guests and employees remains our priority. As our operations resume, they will include new policies and guidelines that align with recommendations from local, regional and national health officials. We will continue to monitor agency recommendations for best practices and adjust our operating procedures accordingly.
We ask that our guests respect the seriousness of this situation and strictly adhere to these guidelines so that we may all continue to enjoy spending time at our properties and at Lake Tahoe. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we adapt to these new circumstances together.
You are required to:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or experiencing symptoms including but not limited to coughing, fever, shortness of breath, gastrointestinal symptoms; or if you have been in contact with someone who has been either diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been asked to self-quarantine by a public health official (whether or not you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms).
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from those not in your immediate household at all times
- Wear a facemask when onsite
Our employees are required to:
- Participate in COVID-19 safety and sanitation training
- Adhere to our comprehensive cleanliness standards and continue to use cleaning products approved for use by the EPA and proven to be effective against viruses
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Stay at home if ill or not feeling well
Other safety measures being implementing resort-wide:
- Contactless payment options will be implemented when possible including paying online or over the phone.
- When contactless pay is not possible, employees will sanitize payment options (card readers, Square tablets, pens) between every customer.
- Employees will wear gloves when handling cash. Gloves are to be disposed of between customers.
- Employees will wash or sanitize hands between customers.
- The number of people allowed on our properties will be limited at any given time to ensure that physical distancing can be maintained. Guests should plan to visit in groups of 10 people or fewer.
- When parking on our properties, guests should provide extra space between parked cars by parking in marked parking spaces or as directed by a parking attendant
- Cleaning and sanitizing procedures have been increased in frequency in all high-contact places including bathrooms, entrances and exits, door handles, tables and seating areas
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all payment and check-in locations
- Only one group at a time will be permitted inside resort offices and/or 6’ or more between groups in line at outdoor kiosks
- Where possible plastic barriers have been installed between guests and employees
2019/20 Winter Season Guest FAQs
Lift Tickets, Lessons, Passes & Rentals
How does the closure impact my season pass?
As a thank you for your continued support, all returning 2019/20 passholders will receive a resort credit when you buy your 2020/21 pass before October 31, 2020.* The resort credit combined with discounted pricing provides returning passholders with $250 worth of saving off the Ultimate Pass.** . Full details can be found on our season pass page here.
Can I get a refund on my pre-purchased date specific lift tickets, lessons and rentals?
As of March 9, 2020, all pre-purchased date specific lift tickets, lessons and rentals have the option of rolling their ticket over to the 2020/2021 season. If that is not possible, we will issue a refund for all date specific tickets and lessons that were purchased for use through the remainder of the 2019/20 season. For all refund requests, please complete this online form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you purchased from a third party, please reach out that partner directly.
I only used a few days out of my lift ticket 3-pack, lesson 3-pack and 5-pack, can I get a refund?
As these products were available to use all season and are not date specific, we are currently only issuing refunds to those who purchased these products after March 9, 2020 and who have two or more days remaining in their 3 pack or 5 pack product. Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I purchased a lift ticket from a 3rd party, am I able to get a refund?
For any lift tickets not purchased directly from Homewood please reach out to the 3rd party regarding refunds and returns.
Guest Services Hours
Please note that our Guest Services office is closed for the summer season and we will periodically be responding to questions and inquiries via email only. Please complete our online form below and have your questions answered. We will respond as quickly as possible, and appreciate your patience as we navigate these challenging, unprecedented times.