Hours & Events
- This event has passed.
15th Annual Gates and Wakes – Cancelled
With a storm moving in later tonight, bringing up to a foot of snow through Saturday, we have made the call to cancel Gates & Wakes set for this weekend. Thank you for your understanding. We hope you join us for fresh snow over the next few days and we’ll see you on the lake this summer.
Gates & Wakes presented by Superior Boat & Repair returns to the West Shore this April as the ultimate test of your skiing skills. In this unique race, participants first put their snow-skiing skills to the test while racing gates at Homewood Mountain Resort. After three runs, the competition regroups at lake level for the latter water-skiing segment of the competition. From the harbor at Homewood High & Dry Marina (directly across the street from Homewood’s North Base area) participants will take turns executing water ski turns behind Superior Boat’s 2019 Ski Nautique.
A proper water ski run will help your score while a fall in the water will hurt it! Based on the best on-mountain score, we’ll determine who is truly the best all-around skier.
- 8:00 am – 9:00 pm – Registration in the 89 Bar & Grill, North Lodge | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 9:30 am – 10:00 pm – Participants can take practice runs on course | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – GS style race on Bonanza run | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 11:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Lunch at the Big Blue View Bar | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Waterski Exhibition on Lake Tahoe | Homewood High & Dry Marina
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Closing Reception & Silent Auction in the North Lodge | Homeowod Mountain Resort
- Season Passholder* | $45
- Non Passholder* | $95
- 2-Day Pro Challenge Entry** | $150
*This includes Lift Ticket, full-day event registration (on-mountain & on-water), and lunch. Participants interested in waterskiing must provide their own wetsuit (consider cold water temperature, between 50-55). Slalom skies will not be provided.
**This includes entry into the 2-day Pro Challenge competition. Day one consists of a sanctioned two round slalom waterski competition at Bell Aqua Lake #3 in Rio Linda, CA the day prior, on April 5th, 2019. Day 2 follows on April 6th, 2019 at Homewood Mountain Resort. Learn more or enter this Pro Challenge 2-day competition by heading to Superior Boat’s website, here.
All proceeds from entry fees for Gates & Wakes as well as the Silent Auction benefit the High Fives Foundation, this event’s long-standing beneficiary. You can learn more about this amazing Truckee based non-profit below.