- This event has passed.
Cancelled — 16th Annual Gates & Wakes
Due to the California Department of Public Health state-mandated ban on non-essential gatherings, we have cancelled Gates & Wakes. We are deeply disappointed to have to do this but the health and well-being of you, our guests and our employees are is our top priority.
We will continue to review and monitor our approach and will adjust our training and communication to the recommendations and advice of the CDC and other relevant public agencies. For the latest information on the measures we are taking, click here.
Gates & Wakes presented by Superior Boat & Repair returns to the West Shore this April as the ultimate test of your skiing skills. In this unique race, participants first put their snow-skiing skills to the test while racing gates at Homewood Mountain Resort. After three runs, the competition regroups at lake level for the latter water-skiing segment of the competition. From the harbor at Homewood High & Dry Marina (directly across the street from Homewood’s North Base area) participants will take turns executing water ski turns behind Superior Boat’s 2020 Ski Nautique.
A proper water ski run will help your score while a fall in the water will hurt it! Based on the best on-mountain score, we’ll determine who is truly the best all-around skier.
- 8:00 am – 9:00 pm – Registration in the 89 Bar & Grill, North Lodge | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 9:30 am – 10:00 pm – Participants can take practice runs on course | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – GS style race on Chute run | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 11:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Lunch at the Big Blue View Bar | Homewood Mountain Resort
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Waterski Exhibition on Lake Tahoe | Homewood High & Dry Marina
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Closing Reception & Silent Auction in the North Lodge | Homeowod Mountain Resort
- Season Passholder* | $45
- Non Passholder* | $95
- 2-Day Pro Challenge Entry** | $150
*This includes Lift Ticket, full-day event registration (on-mountain & on-water), and lunch. Participants interested in waterskiing must provide their own wetsuit (consider cold water temperature, between 50-55). Slalom skies will not be provided.
**This includes entry into the 2-day Pro Challenge competition. Day one consists of a sanctioned two round slalom waterski competition at Bell Aqua Lake #3 in Rio Linda, CA the day prior, on April 3th, 2020. Day 2 follows on April 4th, 2020 at Homewood Mountain Resort. Learn more or enter this Pro Challenge 2-day competition by heading to Superior Boat’s website, here.
All proceeds from entry fees for Gates & Wakes, as well as the Silent Auction, benefit the High Fives Foundation, this event’s longstanding beneficiary. You can learn more about this amazing Truckee based non-profit below.