Our kid’s programs teach the foundations of skiing and snowboarding in a safe, fun-filled environment. Group and private children’s lessons are available daily for children ages 4 through 12 of any ability level.
Certified instructors focus on building good technique in a positive learning environment so that your kids will learn to love the snow and the mountains. One lesson can be all it takes to set your child on the path to a lifetime love of skiing and riding.
Please note: Children’s lessons (ages 4-12) are held at Homewood’s South Lodge (click for map). Children should be dropped off for lessons first, allowing enough time for adults to check-in prior to their lesson.
Children’s ski or snowboard lessons can conveniently be booked for either a single day or a 3-pack of days, which can be used throughout the entire season. Any lesson booked through our ski school comes with everything you need to hit the slopes: tickets, rentals and instruction from one of our experienced ski school members. We recommend booking your lesson in advance online to secure your spot before your next visit.
Try before you buy! Upgrade your single day lesson package to a 3-Pack before you leave the resort and receive 2 additional days of lessons, rentals and tickets. For more information or to book your Children’s Lesson please call 530.584.6844.
|Daily Rate||$169||$417 ($139/day)|
|Peak Rate*||$199||$417 ($139/day)|
|Holiday Rate**||$209||$417 ($139/day)|
Children’s Lessons include full day lesson, rentals and full mountain lift ticket. These prices reflect both ski and snowboard lessons for ages 4-12.
3-Packs are non-transferable & non-refundable and all days must be used during the 2018-19 ski season. Purchasing a 3-Pack does not guarantee availability – please make reservations for each day. Unused days will NOT be refunded or carried over to future seasons.
* 2018/19 Peak Dates includes all Saturdays (aside from Holiday Dates below) plus Dec. 25, January 1, January 21, February 18-22
**2018/19 Holiday Dates includes Dec 22 – December 24, December 26 – December 31, January 2 – January 5, January 19 – January 20, Saturday February 2, February 16 – 17, February 23.
Our kids programs teach the foundations of skiing and snowboarding in a safe, fun-filled environment. Certified instructors focus on building good technique in a positive learning environment so that your kids will learn to love the snow and the mountains. One lesson can be all it takes to set your child on the path to a lifetime love of skiing and riding. Concerned about whether your child will enjoy ski school or not? Here are some tips to ease the transition to this sport: and create excitement about their lessons:
- Talk up skiing and snowboarding to get your child curious and excited.
- Express abundant excitement about your trip to the mountains.
- Have them drink lots of water. Hydration is important not only the day of, but the days prior as well.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep, is well-fed, and prepared to wake up early and depart for the mountain.
- Lunch is included with the full day program and other snacks will be provided as well. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated upon request. Please make a note of any restrictions or food allergies when purchasing.
- Parents are required to remain on premises during the lesson in case of an emergency.
- If your child has special needs or requires special accommodations please notify our team ahead of time
- All Children’s Lessons check-in at the South Lodge Children’s Center.
- Lessons will run from 10am to 3:30pm
In order for your child to be ready to learn how to ski or snowboard, please be sure they have warm, waterproof pants and a jacket, mittens or gloves, one pair of warm socks, and either sunglasses or goggles. All of these items can be purchased at our Children’s Center. The Children’s Center opens at 8:00 a.m. every day.
Full Day program: Please check in no later than 9:00 a.m. (8:30 a.m. on weekends/holidays) to allow time for equipment fitting. The program runs from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. and includes an all-day lift ticket, equipment rental including a helmet, lesson, and lunch.
We strongly recommend booking online in advance to expedite the check-in process. Same-day on-site registration cannot be guaranteed.
Check-in & Lesson Location: The Children’s Ski & Snowboard School check in area is located at our South Lodge Children’s Center (105 Tahoe Ski Bowl Way, Homewood). The Children’s Center opens at 8:00 a.m. every day.
Credit cards are charged at the time of the reservation. There will be a $50 charge for cancellations made after your reservation has been made. Any cancellation made less than 24 hours before the lesson time will be charged the full amount, regardless of weather conditions. A no-call/no-show will be charged the full amount. Reservations cancelled after the start of the lesson will be considered a no-show.