Homewood is only offering Private Lessons to start the season.
Lessons for up to 5 people
Homewood’s Family & Friends Private Lessons provide the most flexible learning environment for any skier or rider. Our private instruction is available to beginner, intermediate, and advanced skiers and snowboarders who wish to focus on specific goals, building technique, and having fun on the slopes.
Homewood’s Private Lesson program allows friends and families – up to 5 people – to take advantage of the opportunity to learn together, to bypass lift lines (yes, even on holidays!), and to save money.
As with any private lesson, the guest can structure the time. Either learning together or splitting an all-day Family & Friends lesson into time blocks for skiers/riders at radically different ability levels. Often though, it is an opportunity for a group to share the laughs and experience of a day on the mountain together.
Pricing & Times
If online inventory is not available, reservations can be booked directly through our Guest Services Team at 530-584-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave a message with your desired lesson type (Ski/SB), lesson date and time, length of lesson and ability level and we will contact you at our earliest convenience to confirm.
|Lesson Type||Times||Regular||Peak||Holiday||Book Online or by Phone|
|Early Bird||9 am to 10 am||$199||$199||$199||Online|
|Half-Day Morning||9:30 am to 12:30 pm||$529||$559||$799||Online|
|Half-Day Afternoon||1 pm to 4 pm||$399||$559||$649||Online|
|Full-Day||9:30 am to 4 pm||$799||$839||NA||Online|
Full-day private lessons include a 30-minute lunch break from 12:30-1 pm. Students will be on their own for lunch.
* 2020/21 Peak Dates include all Saturdays starting Saturday, Jan 9, 2021 (aside from Holiday Dates below) plus Jan. 3, 2021, January 18, 2021, February 21, 2021, and April 4, 2021
**2020/21 Holiday Dates include December 19, 2019 – Jan 2, 2021, January 16, 2021 & January 17, 2021, February 13, 2021 – February 20, 2021.
- Private Lessons can accommodate up to 5 people in a group when an adult is present.
- Without adult accompaniment, children ages 8 to 17 are limited to 3 participants per group.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult to participate in Private Lessons.
- All participants must be able to independently ride a chairlift if accessing the upper mountain.
- All group members must be of the same household.
How to Book
- Private Lessons are available for purchase online or by calling or emailing guest services at 530.525.2992 and email@example.com
- During busy holidays and weekends, you will find our private lesson availability becomes limited, particularly in the morning. Booking ahead of time can eliminate this issue and is highly suggested if you would like a morning private lesson.
- If you are planning on booking a particular instructor, booking one month in advance is the best way to ensure your instructor’s availability.
**Private lessons do not include lift ticket or equipment rental. **
Please consider the time it may take for the rental process and arrive at least one hour prior to lesson start time. All lesson participants meet at Homewood’s North Base by the Red School House.
Step 1: Parking – All lessons will meet at Homewood’s North Base (located at 5145 West Lake Blvd.). Homewood offers convenient parking right at the base of the North Lodge. Note that parking reservations are required and can be made online before your visit.
Step 2: Pick Up Your Lift Ticket – After you’ve parked head over to our North Lodge. Pick up your lift ticket (which will also be preloaded with your rental information) at one of the self-serving kiosks or ticket windows.
Step 3: Pick Up Your Rentals – Follow the signs to the rentals entrance, located on the east side of the North Lodge building. Provide your lift ticket to rental staff to redeem your rental product.
Step 4: Check-in for your lesson – After checking in and picking up your rentals all lesson participants should check in with Ski School at the Ski & Snowboard School building (Little Red School House) behind the North Lodge at least 30 minutes prior to the lesson start time (we recommend at least 1 hour prior on weekends/holidays).
On busy days we may have an additional location to check-in which is located near the ski school area in front of the rental shop.
In order for your child to be ready to learn how to ski or snowboard, please be sure they have warm, waterproof pants and a jacket, mittens or gloves, one pair of warm socks, and either sunglasses or goggles.
Credit cards are charged at the time of the reservation. There will be a $100 charge for cancellations made after your reservation has been made. Any cancellation made less than 7 days before the lesson time will be charged the full amount, regardless of weather conditions. A no-call/no-show will be charged the full amount. Reservations canceled after the start of the lesson will be considered a no-show.